Occupational health and safety (OHS) relate to health, safety, and welfare issues in the workplace and includes laws, standards, and programs that are aimed at making the workplace better for workers, along with co-workers and customers. Completing this course will improve a company's occupational health and safety standards and ensure good business, a better brand image, and higher employee morale.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Participants must have the physical capacity to use the appropriate equipment and reading and writing skills.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and scenarios - Preparations for electrical and non-electrical isolation
- Select, check and set up a ladder
- Respond to an emergency during work
- Treat an unconscious casualty and then treat for shock
- Perform single person CPR
- Remove casualty from electric shock situation and provide 2 person CPR
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.